Click here to download this agreement.
- Registers, pre-‐assesses, and enrolls students into AKLN courses, sending enrollment information to the district providing the course.
- Invoices districts, provides Tuition Reductions, and send enrollment information to the district providing the course.
- Provides data to the school of residence regarding performance of all students enrolled in AKLN courses.
- Provides appropriate grade recommendations to school of residence, based on student performance in each course as reported by the district providing the course.
District Providing Course:
- Provides Alaska certified, highly qualified teacher(s).
- Provides course work and materials.
- Provides online support (technical and content).
- Provides communication system for students, parents following all CIPA (Child Internet Protection Act) requirements.
- Communicates with the school of residence as needed throughout the course.
- Provides data to AKLN regarding all students enrolled in AKLN courses.
School of Residence:
- Provides a supervised, safe environment where students can complete coursework.
- Provides time in a student’s course schedule to participate in AKLN course(s)
- Provides supervision (On-‐Site Student Supervisor) and tutoring on-‐site.
- Provides hardware and software necessary for students to complete online course (including access to a 1MB internet connection, Skype capability, etc.).
- Issues credit to student upon successful completion of online AKLN course.
- Upon completion, provides feedback and/or evaluation comments to AKLN on ways to improve the course.
On-‐Site Student Supervisor (OSSS):
- Has contact with student on a daily basis to ensure the students progression in the class.
- Keeps in contact with the student’s teacher(s) and reads all communication sent to them in a timely manner.
- Responds to and shares communication from teacher with student’s.
- Supports students in their course work and urge them to stay on task.
- Supervises class time and ensures productive use of the students time.
- Reports any problems to their principal and the AKLN teacher immediately.
- Completes a pre-‐assessment for all courses for which a student is registered.
- Unless principal has completed the “Assessment Waiver.”
- Sets up a daily and weekly schedule to allow time to complete online coursework as identified by individual courses.
- Communicates immediately (within 24 hours) with online instructor and on-‐site student supervisor when they don’t understand the content or lesson.
- Agrees to have a good attitude even when struggling to understand hard concepts or lessons.
- Tries their best to succeed, accepting help when things get hard.
- Informs their parent or guardian of weekly progress.
- Upon completion, provides feedback an/or evaluation comments to AKLN on ways to improve the course.